The Annual Conference and 40th Anniversary Founders Celebration is just weeks away. We are bringing in speakers and panels that can tell us a story about “Trust: Earn it. Build it. Keep it.”
Some of these speakers like Tiffany Moffatt of WalMart will speak from a platform where taking a risk to gain trust may seem easier when you are multi-billion dollar company but when you want to be the one who is setting the sustainability index . . . Other speakers like Joe Barr from Capital Public Radio (the Sacramento affiliate to NPR) will have a perspective of trust from an organization that is a non-profit and yet has been a reliable media center – how do they stay that way when there are so many other places to get nanosecond information. David Schmidt from the International Food Information Center is flying out from Washington DC just to talk to us on how to speak with a trustworthy voice – to make it even better, he is an alumni of the DC Exchange program. And then Mayor Kevin Johnson who went from the basketball court to managing non-profits and for profit companies to becoming mayor of Sacramento – we are excited about the story he can share about gaining trust our communities.
In addition also invited is: First Lady Maria Shriver with her many facets of experience – media, community, politics, and family – trust is a key component to the many things she has been involved in; Chris Kelly from Facebook – talk about trust – millions of people around the world post random thoughts and trust that Facebook will keep their information safe; Xochitl Arellano, the Press Deputy for the Latino Caucus for the California State senate – we have invited her to speak about how trust is gain when introducing and speaking to a newer demographic; and lastly we have asked Lilliput Children Services to put a panel together of individuals who have and are currently participating in the Foster/Adoption program in the state of California – where a child is concerned – trust is everything and this panel will help us understand the skills & techniques used to make the foster and adoption process positive for our children. We have also invited Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to celebrate our 40th anniversary with us.
There will also be:
- “Walks Down Memory Lane” throughout the conference to reflect and reminisce about the past 39 classes climaxing to Class 1 at the Founders Celebration Dinner
- Class Breakfast where you will meet Bob Gray our new CEO/President for the CALF as well as introductions of the Class Liaisons and Fellows Council members
- Profiles in Leadership Luncheon where we will be honoring four of our alumni who have continued to grow as leaders
- Founders Celebration on Saturday night includes:
- Silent Auction & Wine Tasting Reception
- Founders Western Style Dinner
- Recognition of our 2009 Honorary Fellow – Frank Saviez
- Introductions of many special people who have helped along our 40 years of existence!
Every registrant will also receive a commemorative 40th Anniversary Yearbook!
We hope that you will pass on the word about this fantastic event that this committee has worked so hard to put together!